Take your in-person FNCE® experience to the next level by attending a variety of sessions and activities designed just for you by the Academy and the Committee for the Lifelong Learning. In addition to educational sessions, Learning Lounge, posters and inspiring keynote sessions with Daymond John, Ginger Kerrick and José Andrés, here are just a few of the activities for students during FNCE®.
Interested in attending FNCE® this year but can’t travel to Orlando? Check out the virtual program.
Attend a Variety of Sessions
While student attendees have access to all educational sessions, keynotes and posters, hand-picked programming relevant to students includes:
- Waste Not, Want Not: Maximizing Environmental Sustainability on Any Budget
- Wellness Starts Within: Self-Care for Health Professionals
- Lights, Camera, Cook
- Financial Fitness: Key Concepts for Business Success
- Plant-Based Nutrition in Chronic Disease
- Negotiation Success: Build Relationships, Influence Decisions, and Advance Your Career
- Implementing Public Health Nutrition Interventions in Low- and Middle-Income Countries
- Leveraging Registered Dietitians to Improve the Digital Shopping Cart
- Schools as a System to Improve Nutrition
- Nutrition Complications of Gastrointestinal Disorders: An Integrative and Multimodal Approach to Treatment
- Plant-Based Eating to Support Cardiometabolic Health and Fitness
- The Future Dietitian: Clinical Skills to Expand the Breadth of Practice
- Are We Ready? Dietary Recommendations Based on Direct-to-Consumer Gut Microbiome Tests
- Increasing Trust Through Evidence-Based Advice on Emerging Nutrition Trends
- The Simple Formula for Effective Communication
- The Hype and Reality of Wearable Tech
- Extra Credentials: What’s in it for Me?
- Nutrition, Neurocognition, and the Microbiome: Connecting the Dots
- Disrupting Business as Usual: The Power of Emerging RDNs & NDTRs
- Dishing Up Diversity and Inclusion with Innovative Menu Planning and Design
- Nutrition and Physical Activity: Tailoring Interventions for Optimal Health
- Healthy People 2030: Addressing Health Disparities in Nutrition, Overweight and Obesity
Student and Dietetic Intern Policy Rotation Meet and Greet
Time: 12-1 p.m.
Learn more and get involved in the Academy’s top policy and advocacy priorities – help shape the future of the nutrition and dietetics profession. Registration required (indicate interest when you register for FNCE). Open to all students, interns and educators.
Test for Success: Tips for Exam Candidates
Date: October 9
Time: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Location: Convention Center
The CDR Examination Panel invites students, exam candidates and educators who are attending FNCE to go to this session. Attendees will obtain valuable insight into the structure and presentation of the registration examinations for either dietitians or dietetic technicians. Pearson VUE will share the following information:
- Exam preparation techniques
- Study references and resources
- Exam structure, timing and scoring
- Online scheduling & fee payment process
Center for Career Opportunities
Date: October 10
Time: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Location: Expo Hall WB1
Share your resume, skills and goals with potential employers and educational institutions. Interact with companies who are hiring and connect with institutions of higher learning to find out about advanced degree programs at the Center for Career Opportunities.
Check Out the Student Center
Take advantage of the Student Center, where you can represent your school and connect with fellow students and practicing RDNs and NDTRs. Relax and recharge with your peers while also accessing resources that will help you get a jumpstart on your career, including presentations, discussions and Q&As on topics like resume best practices with tips and guidance on setting yourself up for success and information on DICAS and the internship application process.
Schedule of Events
Free Resume Review
Date: Sunday, October 9
Time: noon – 1 p.m.
Bring your resume for feedback from registered dietitian nutritionist, Stacey Dunn-Emke, MS, RDN. (First come, first serve basis.)
DICAS Q&A Session
Date: Sunday, October 9
Time: 3 – 3:45 p.m.
Do you have questions about applying to dietetics supervised practice programs using the new DICAS platform? We are here to help you with the answers. Visit the Student Center for the chance to get your questions answered by DICAS representatives. Feel free to bring your laptop or tablet and work through your application with live help!
Chat with a Media Registered Dietitian
Date: Monday, October 10
Time: 12:20 p.m.
Are you interested in learning more about nutrition promotion through the media? Curious about how dietitians are staying involved in the ever-changing social media food landscape? The Academy’s Public Relations Team works to raise public awareness on the importance of healthful nutrition for everyone. Using news media, the Team’s national network of media-savvy experts serve as the Academy’s voice on current and popular nutrition trends and questions.
Current Academy Spokesperson, Caroline Passerrello, and a recent graduate with media experience, Brianna dela Torre will share their experiences and suggestions to get involved in media dietetics.
Network with Other Students and Professionals
In addition to the events listed on the Student Center, there are many opportunities for students to network and connect at FNCE®. Check out the Conference Calendar for a complete list of activities!
Explore the Expo
Visit exhibitor booths to explore products and services, ask questions, book an appointment with a representative, gather product information, attend culinary videos, obtain educational resources and sign up for prizes and giveaways.
Advocate for Strong Nutrition Policy
Stop by the FNCE® Advocacy Center to learn more about the Academy’s policy initiatives, how you can take action on critical issues, donate to Eat Right Advocacy and more!
Participate in Foundation Events
Whether you’re up for a FNCE® 5K, scoring some swag at the Silent Auction or making an appearance at the President’s Party with a Purpose, there are many ways to support the Foundation. Stop by the Foundation Booth to learn more about awards and scholarship for Academy Student Members. The Foundation is the largest provider of dietetic student scholarships—and when you participate in a Foundation event, you are helping empower future practitioners to create a world where all people thrive through the transformative power of food and nutrition.
Educators: Show Your School Spirit!
Register Students for FNCE® 2021
The Academy’s Food & Nutrition Conference & ExpoTM helps instill professional practice beliefs, values, attitudes and behaviors in students that will prepare them for practice and lifelong learning. Educators: Give your students an opportunity to enhance their future career in nutrition and dietetics, encourage them to register for FNCE® 2022. Learn more.